Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Spiritual Checkup (3)

'He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit...' Romans 8:27 NIV

Doing a spiritual checkup means examining things like:



(1) Priorities.
'Seek first the Kingdom of God...and all these things shall be added to you' (Matthew 6:33 NKJV).
Do you submit your schedule to God for His approval?
Does your cheque book show that He is first in your financial decisions? 
(2) Values. 
'You died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God...Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience' (Colossians 3:3;12 NLT).
Do you love what God loves and hate what God hates?
Do you value highly the things that please Him?
Are your desires and goals governed by God's Word? 
(3) Sacrifice.
'I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for Whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ...I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him...' (Philippians 3:8-10 NIV).
Are you fully surrendered to God?
Is there anything you value more than Him? 
If there is, pray: 
'Father, forgive me for taking back control of my life. I come before You surrendering, repenting and asking You to cleanse me. Renew me and fill me with Your Spirit. I renounce my selfish ways and make You Lord of my life. You said that You would rather I was hot or cold, but not lukewarm. Light a fire in me today that will burn so brightly, others will be drawn to You.'

Soul Food: Dan 1-2, Matt 7:24-29, Ps 81, Pr 2:11-15

Written by Bob & Debby Gass
Friday, 17 January 2014
APPS available here