Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flexible


When Life Doesn't Go According to Plan

The apostle Paul tells us in Romans 8:28 that all things work together for good. Notice Paul doesn't say that all things are good, but that all things work together for good.

Paul also tells us in Romans 12:16 to "readily adjust yourself to people, things." The idea is that we must learn to become the kind of person who plans things but who doesn't fall apart if that plan doesn't work out.

Let's say you get in your car and it won't start. There are two ways you can look at the situation.
You can think, "I knew it! My plans always flop."

Or you can tell yourself, "Well, I can't leave home right now, but that's ok. I believe this change in plans is going to work out for my good. God is in control."

Allow God to be the glory and lifter of your head (see Psalm 3:3).
He wants to lift everything: your hopes, attitudes, moods, head, hands, heart, your entire life. Remember, even when life doesn't go according to plan, He is good.

Prayer Starter: Lord, because I know that you are in control and work all things for good, I can be flexible when life doesn't follow my plan. When my plans don't work out, help me to find the good and stay positive.

By Joyce Meyer