Friday, March 08, 2013

Building Blocks

Today I took time out to catch up on some devotional readings from Joyce Meyer I feel these will help in your Journey through what Psalm 23 describes as the Shadow of the Valley of Death
Building Blocks Laid on the foundations of God.

Remembering Past Successes

To be honest, a lot of us are negative thinkers when we find ourselves in challenging situations. But to move past trying times, you have to take your negative thoughts and turn them into positive thoughts.

God wants to take you on a "truth journey" through studying His Word that produces amazing results. It will help you purge your negative thoughts and give you the ability to see the positive in your situation.

Being positive is powerful. And a big part of being positive is simply reminding yourself of your past successes.

When David faced the giant Goliath, he remembered the lion and the bear he'd already defeated, and it gave him courage in his current situation.

If you're going through a difficult time right now, let me remind you that this probably isn't the first challenge you've faced. You survived the last one (and probably learned some valuable lessons through it) and you will survive this one too.

Like David, remember your past successes. Then go to the Word and see what God says. Better days are on their way. God promises it!

Prayer Starter: God, sometimes the situation in front of me seems impossible, but You have brought me through difficult times in the past, and I know You can do it again. Help me to remember past successes and to think positively about my present situation.


Truth Will Set You Free

Many people today don't even bother to think rationally about what they believe and end up building their entire lives on beliefs that are simply not true. Whatever the news media, a celebrity or a group of friends say suddenly becomes 'truth' to them.

Believing what others say rather than exploring God's Word for yourself will actually limit you and even keep you from doing what God created you to do. But, if you will contend for the truth, embrace it and build your life upon it, you will succeed in every endeavour.

If you want to stay on track with God's Truth, you have to make communication with Him a priority in your daily schedule. I can't urge you strongly enough to communicate with Him frequently through prayer, reading His Word, worship, and simply acknowledging His presence and guidance throughout the day.

When you know God, you know Truth. Living in His Truth will bring peace, freedom, and joy to your life.

Prayer Starter: God, I don't want to be limited by my thoughts and beliefs about what is true. You are the only source of Truth. As I spend time communicating with You, show me and guide me into Your Truth.

Nothing Is Impossible

People who think positively can see potential in even the most discouraging situations, while those who think negatively are quick to point out problems and limitations.

This goes beyond the proverbial idea of simply seeing a glass "half full" or "half empty" and extends to actually making decisions and taking actions based on either positive or negative thinking.

Have you ever noticed how negative thinking blows things out of proportion? Problems start to seem larger and much more difficult than they really are.

Sometimes, a problem may actually be impossible...in the natural. And a negative mindset forgets that nothing is impossible to God.

Meditating on God's Word will rid you of negativity and help you refocus on who God is. A positive mindset based on God's Word knows that nothing is beyond God. He is always present.

I've trained my brain to believe God and His Word, and I've experienced the power available to me through God when I've trusted Him more than my circumstances. We need to always remember that nothing is impossible with God.

Prayer Starter: Lord, it's clear to me that I have nothing to gain from a 'glass-half-empty' mindset. Even in impossible situations, I know that You are there. I choose to see the positive side of things as I live in Your Word.