Monday, April 14, 2014

Instrument Rated (5)

'...Do not be dismayed, for I am your God...' Isaiah 41:10 NIV

* Instrument rated for depression. 
Depression, if left unchecked, can cause you to do crazy things, like walk away from a good job or a healthy marriage, or turn to alcohol and drugs.  
The dictionary defines depression as 'to be flattened vertically or dispirited'.  
 Now you know why sometimes you don't want to get out of bed in the morning.

The word 'depression' is not mentioned in Scripture.
The closest definition to it is 'heavy weight'. 
'Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad...' (Proverbs 12:25 ESV).
* The toughest battles you will ever fight will be those with your own mind. 
What's the answer?  
Start speaking God's Word - out loud! 
'For He Himself has said, 
"I will never leave you nor forsake you". 
So we may boldly say: 
"...The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me"' (Hebrews 13:5-6 NKJV)
Pastor Sarah Utterbach points out: 
'People say, "The Lord has promised never to leave me nor forsake me", then they go right back to discussing their problem. In so doing they invalidate the power of what God said.  
The Holy Spirit is authorised to act on God's Word when you begin to say what God has said.' When you dwell on your problem, it's like a pilot flying by sight and senses.  
But when you agree with God's Word and begin to stand on it, you're flying by your instrument panel.
So get into God's Word, get God's Word into you, and start speaking it over your situation. 
'My Word...will not return to Me empty...but will...achieve the purpose for which I sent it' (Isaiah 55:11 NIV).
Soul Food: Jer 51-52, Matt 26:69-75, Ps 50:16-23, Pro 10:11-13

Written by Bob & Debby Gass
Friday, 11 April 2014